The following on-site-services are offered:
- Opening hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-10:00pm, Saturday 9:00am-8pm
- Individual workstations: There are 283 individual workstations and 42 internet workstations available according to the first-come-first-served principle.
- Self-removal of print media from the open access areas
- The historical holdings can be used by appointment (email@example.com).
- The service desk is staffed during opening hours.
- Vending machines: The snack and drink vending machine, the ATM charging machine, the validation machine and the money exchange machine can be used.
- Return of print media at the service desk or via the mailbox at the central library.
- Function rooms open (copy rooms, room for the visually impaired and blind, book scanner, checkroom area)
For the scope of current services in the subject libraries of the faculties, seminars and institutes, please refer to the websites of the respective institutions.
- due to the current state regulation, a visit to the Central Library is currently only possible upon presentation of a 3G certificate,
- the mask requirement applies without exception throughout the entire building, including at all individual and Internet workstations as well as in the work cubicles.
- The Botanical Garden's outdoor area is open daily from 9 am to 6 pm. The show greenhouses are open sundays from 09:30am to 02:45pm.
- The Max Planck exhibition is partly located in the rooms of the Physics Department Library and can be visited during the opening hours of the Department Library from Monday to Friday from 09:00am to 04:00pm. Individuals are welcome by appointment (0431/880-3819 or firstname.lastname@example.org, contact: Frank Hohmann). The exhibition is currently not open to groups of visitors.
- The Anatomical Collection can be visited by prior arrangement and appointment with the secretariat (0431/880-2470 or email@example.com, contact: Marlies Gezeck).
- The Medical and Pharmaceutical History Collection is open and showing the exhibition Female Remains. Guests are admitted on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00am to 04:00pm and on Sundays from 02:00pm to 06:00pm. Guided tours are available by appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Kunsthalle and the Collection of Classical Antiquities can be visited during regular opening hours. The Kunsthalle and the Collection of Classical Antiquities are closed on Mondays. Tuesdays to Sundays from 10:00am to 06:00pm and Wednesdays from 10:00am to 08:00pm the doors are open for guests. The current exhibition Magic of Reality. The painter Albert Aereboe is open. The museum shop is open, the café remains closed for the time being. Guided tours of the Kunsthalle are possible, booking is recommended: 0431/88057-56.
- The Geological and Mineralogical Museum is open: Sundays from 12:00am to 16:00pm.
- The Zoological Museum is open to visitors. Opening hours: Tuesdays to Fridays from 09:00am to 05:00pm, Saturdays from 10:00am to 05:00pm. Sundays and public holidays 12:00am to 04:00pm, Mondays closed. If you have any questions, you can reach the museum during the opening hours at: 0431/880-5170 email@example.com. Please refer to the Zoological museum's web pages for all current information.
In all exhibitions and collections, the hygiene regulations and deposited notices must be observed. Due to current state regulations, a visit to the museums and collections is currently only possible upon presentation of a 2G proof (vaccinated, recoverd, tested).
The university sports department offers both outdoor sports programmes and courses in the halls. The courses at the sailing centre can also be booked under certain conditions.
The following services are not offered:
- Guided tours and trainings
- Group workspaces
- On-site submission of dissertations – please send by post
Please address your individual concerns to: firstname.lastname@example.org