Dear members of our University,
the procedure for the election of your representatives to the University's Conventions and to the CAU's General Senate has begun. The deadline is Wednesday, June 17, 2020. With this mail we would like to inform you about all necessary aspects of the elections as well as about a significant change.
The most obvious innovation of this year's elections is the introduction of online voting. The decision to do so was taken in connection with the Corona crisis, which would make a familiar procedure much more difficult. In addition, we see a considerably increased willingness to use digital instruments, especially in all areas of the university, which we would like to take up and use. More detailed information on the online elections can be found on this website. We will inform you about the exact course of the election process at a later date.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need your personnel number for online voting! This is the number you use for correspondence with the Personnel Service Centre (Dienstleistungszentrum Personal) and you will find it on your pay slips and bank statements.
This number is used exclusively for identification purposes in the electoral process. It is not linked to your personal data or to the Personnel Service Center.
The following deadlines are important:
- The deadline for submitting proposal lists of candidates is Wednesday, 29 April 2020 at 17:00. This year, the forms are only available online. A provisional overall list of the candidates will be available at the electoral office from 5 to 8 May 2020.
- From 24 April to 8 May, the electoral roll will be available for inspection. There you can check whether the information on your voting rights, in particular with regard to your group or faculty membership, is correctly noted. The electoral register is available at the electoral office (Audimax).
- Postal voting documents can be requested until Tuesday, 2 June 2020. The application form can be found on the election website at www.uni-kiel.de/gremienwahlen (in German only at the moment).
- Activation of the electoral portal (= start of the election period) will take place on Thursday, 4 June 2020, at 12:00 a.m.
- The election period ends on Wednesday, 17 June 2020 at 17:00 pm.
- Electoral lists can publish profiles or election programs on a central website if desired.
All information on the election of University's Conventions and Senate as well as the CAU committee election regulations and the current election announcement can be found at www.uni-kiel.de/gremienwahlen (currently only available in German).
Deputy election manager