Post office regulations from Monday, 23.03.2020 for CAU employees
in order to protect the employees and to maintain the operability of the CAU's elementary processes, the mailroom may no longer be entered Entering the gate is now only permitted upon request and individually.
Due to the extreme personnel bottlenecks in mail sorting and distribution, we ask you to handle your processes using digital media as far as legally possible. This is the only way to maintain essential postal deliveries and billing processes.
Remember that the recipient must also be on site to process the mail at all. Here, an e-mail sometimes makes more sense, since many employees are also in the recipient's home office.
Please inform your business contacts that mail deliveries may be disrupted due to the current situation. Give your business partners your correct and assignable address (staff unit/institute/area, name, address). Without historical knowledge and weeks of training, the emergency staff of the post offices cannot assign the mail. Please ensure that sample consignments etc. that cannot be stored are delivered and received directly at your premises.
Mail sent to the Presidency and to the divisions and staff units S1, S2, F1, F2, R1, R2, R3, PS can be collected in the Internal Services Department (former registry) between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. This is preferably the same for entire departments. For further information, please contact Susanne Mielke-Vesper.
Post office regulations from Monday, 23.03.2020 for CAU employees:
- Reduced opening hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 09:00 to 11:00.
- In-house mail will be handled with priority by the emergency staff.
- Letters are to be posted in the mailbox.
- Delivered parcels can only be collected during opening hours. Note: Package reception on site outside the CAP 4 cannot always be guaranteed. For this reason, packages may have to be returned. Please consider this when ordering goods. Please check if you can handle parcel deliveries via the DHL packing station behind Mensa 1.
- Packages can no longer be sent via the post office. Note: Packages can be franked and sent by yourself. The costs will be refunded to you afterwards.
- General advertising will no longer be forwarded.
- Newspapers and magazines can only be made available for collection in justified exceptional cases. Please note: Daily newspapers from subscriptions (e.g. KN) will continue to be made available daily by the mail distribution service as far as possible.
- The franking and forwarding of inserted mail items may be delayed for several days. Please note: Letters can be franked and inserted by the user. Costs can also be reimbursed in this case.
If you have any questions, comments, etc. regarding the above-mentioned content, please contact directly: email@example.com. Let the staff in the post office (CAP4) and in the main gate, during the messenger tours and at the post offices in the other university buildings do their job as well as possible, so that you will get a delivery of the mail at least in emergency situations. Calls to the mailroom will delay the process.
Thank you for your understanding.