The priority research area Kiel Life Science (KLS) offers its researchers a variety of training and career opportunities from early career up to senior scientists at Kiel University. Professional training and individual career prospects help to support researchers on different stages within their life science research careers. Carried out by partner institutions, people within the KLS network have access to a variety of different facilities.
- Masters Programme in Biomedicine: Medical Life Sciences
- Master of Science in Molecular Biology & Evolution (MAMBE)
- International Masters Programme AgriGenomics
- Research Training Group "Translational Evolutionary Research“ (RTG 2501)
- International Max Planck Research School for Evolutionary Biology, (IMPRS) Plön
SH Excellence-Chair programme:
- Announcement of a Schleswig-Holstein Excellence-Chair for Kiel Life Sciences. The application deadline is May 7, 2023.
- Announcement of a SH Excellence Chair for KLS – German only (pdf)
- For more information, please refer to the website on the analogous ongoing procedure of the other Schleswig-Holstein Excellence Chairs.
- Second round of applications for the Schleswig-Holstein Excellence Chairs 2022/2023
Overall, the aim is to attract scientists who are particularly willing to perform from the postdoc level upwards to life science research at the Kiel location.
Apart from access to all events of Kiel Life Science such as KLS lectures and retreats, young scientists also have the chance to apply for a range of grants and awards listed below.