The aim of the Federal State of Schleswig-Holstein and the university is to avoid delays in the completion of studies as far as possible, despite the current tightened Corona measures. In order to ensure this during the lockdown, the following library services of the Central Library will be maintained:
- Lending of a maximum of 10 books per day. Opening hours for lending: Mon-Fri 9.00-18.30 and Sat 11.00-16.30
- Books can be returned during the lending hours or via the letterbox at the Central Library.
- Individual workstations and carrels are available from 16.12. (only with online reservation) for
- students in cases of hardship, for the preparation of student theses and term papers to be written during the course of study (a case of hardship exists, for example, if no suitable private workplace is available),
- exclusively to members and affiliates of CAU for the preparation of research papers including dissertations and postdoctoral theses,
- university teachers for the preparation of courses.
- The service desk is still open Mon-Fri 9.00-18.30 and Sat 11.00-16.30.
For the scope of current services in the subject libraries of the faculties, seminars and institutes, please refer to the websites of the respective institutions.
All counselling institutions at the CAU are closed to the public. Counselling will take place by telephone and e-mail.
New contact person for general student information
The CAU has appointed a contact person to assist new and returning students with their general questions on topics arising from the new academic situation created by the coronavirus pandemic. If you have general questions about studying in corona times, or about the associated challenges, you are welcome to contact Ms Sandra Elstner via firstname.lastname@example.org or at 0431 880-5931.
Counseling service Corrente for employees and their relatives - Consulation for private and work-related challenges
Also with challenges due to the corona pandemic the counseling service Corrente will advise professors and other civil servants, and salaried employees with a work contract at Kiel University anonymously and free on the following number 0800 321 2345. The topics can relate to difficulties in reconciling family and work, coping with difficult home office situations, financial worries, and much more.
The consulation is in German and English by a multi-professional counselling team. Round-the-clock availability in an emergency.
- Function equipment and rooms
- Guided tours and trainings
- Historical holdings
- Individual workstations on a first-come-first-served basis
- Information Desk
- On-site submission of dissertations – please send by post
- Self-pick-up of print resources in our open stacks areas
- Special stocks
Please address your individual concerns to: email@example.com
Some libraries of the faculties, seminars and institutes are still closed for students and guests due to the space available. Please refer to the websites of the faculties for further information.
The museums of the university are closed according to the current regulation for universities.
Since November 2, the sports centre is closed in accordance with the state regulations and the regulations of the CAU. No university sports programme will take place until November 30. The closure also applies to the training times of the clubs. Separate regulations apply to the teaching activities of the Institute of Sports Sciences. Please contact the relevant offices for further information.
Due to the current federal and state decisions on the Corona pandemic, the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein has closed its refectories, cafeterias and café lounges throughout the state.
Current information from the Studentenwerk