You can find out which services the University Library currently offers on the pages of the Central Library.
For the scope of current services in the subject libraries of the faculties, seminars and institutes, please refer to the websites of the respective institutions.
- The Botanical Garden's outdoor area is open daily from 9 am to 6 pm. The show greenhouses are open sundays from 09:30am to 02:45pm.
- The Max Planck exhibition is partly located in the rooms of the Physics Department Library and can be visited during the opening hours of the Department Library from Monday to Friday from 09:00am to 04:00pm. Individuals are welcome by appointment (0431/880-3819 or email@example.com, contact: Frank Hohmann). The exhibition is currently not open to groups of visitors.
- The Anatomical Collection can be visited by prior arrangement and appointment with the secretariat (0431/880-2470 or firstname.lastname@example.org, contact: Marlies Gezeck).
- The Medical and Pharmaceutical History Collection is open and showing the exhibition Female Remains. Guests are admitted on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00am to 04:00pm and on Sundays from 02:00pm to 06:00pm. Guided tours are available by appointment at email@example.com.
- The Kunsthalle and the Collection of Classical Antiquities can be visited without 3G proof. The mask requirement (medical or FFP2 mask) remains in place (children under 6 are exempt). On Mondays, the Kunsthalle and the Collection of Classical Antiquities are closed. Tuesdays to Sundays from 10:00 to 18:00 and Wednesdays from 10:00 to 20:00 the doors are open for guests. The Kunsthalle is closed on Mondays. The current exhibition Magic of Reality. The painter Albert Aereboe is open. The museum shop is open, the café remains closed for the time being. Guided tours of the Kunsthalle are possible, booking is recommended: 0431 88057-56.
- The Geological and Mineralogical Museum is open: Sundays from 12:00am to 16:00pm.
- The Zoological Museum is open to visitors. Opening hours: Tuesdays to Fridays from 09:00am to 05:00pm, Saturdays from 10:00am to 05:00pm. Sundays and public holidays 12:00am to 04:00pm, Mondays closed. If you have any questions, you can reach the museum during the opening hours at: 0431/880-5170 firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the Zoological museum's web pages for all current information.
In all exhibitions and collections, the hygiene regulations and deposited notices must be observed. Due to current state regulations, a visit to the museums and collections is currently only possible upon presentation of a 2G proof (vaccinated, recoverd, tested).
The university sports department offers both outdoor sports programmes and courses in the halls. The courses at the sailing centre can also be booked under certain conditions.