Top class scientists from all over the world visit the cluster of excellence PMI
- Lecturer: Prof. John Cryan, University College Cork/Ireland
- Title: "Gut Feelings: Translational approaches to Studying the Role of the Microbiota- Gut-Brain Axis in Modulating Brain & Behaviour"
- Date: September 15th, 2020, 5 p.m.
- Place: online, details follow
- For: all members of the cluster of excellence, especially young scientists
About John F. Cryan:
John F. Cryan is Professor & Chair, Dept. of Anatomy & Neuroscience, University College Cork. He received a B.Sc. (Hons) and PhD from the National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland. He was a visiting fellow at the Dept Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Australia (1997-1998), which was followed by postdoctoral fellowships at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA and The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California. He spent four years at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research in Basel Switzerland, as a LabHead, Behavioural Pharmacology prior to joining UCC in 2005 where he was a Senior Lecturer in Pharmacology in the School of Pharmacy and in the Dept. Pharmacology & Therapeutics UCC. He is a Principal Investigator in the APC Microbiome Institute.