FYORD members can now apply for a travel grant of up to 500€.
Expanding one's professional network and presenting one's research results within the scientific community have a special added value, especially for early career researchers, in order to consolidate their next career steps.
With the FYORD Travel Grant, the program aims to financially support the travel activities of its members. All FYORD members who wish to travel to international or (in case of justified exceptions) national conferences can apply for a financial grant of up to 500 €. Applications can be submitted on a rolling basis but no later than two months before the start of the trip. The funding decision will take place no later than one month before the respective conference. If all application requirements are met, awards will be made on a first come - first served basis until funding is exhausted.
- Registered FYORD member (regardless of status group (master students, doctoral or postdoctoral researcher), institution of origin (CAU, GEOMAR) and field of study).
- Only one application per person in their respective status group possible (e.g. Master student X applies in 2023 and may not apply again unless she changes status group;
as doctoral researchers X she may then apply again once, etc.)
- Travel reason must have a specific marine science connection and be in direct context with current research work
- Completed application form (including abstract submitted to the conference and short letter of motivation).
- Confirmation of acceptance of the abstract by the conference organizers (may be submitted later if not already done).
- Conference program