Workshop on "How to use Ocean Data View (ODV)" with Prof. Dr. Julia Gottschalk of the Institute of Geosciences at Kiel University.
The workshop will give an in-depth introduction into the large suite of tools for the assessment, visualization and analysis of marine and environmental datasets provided by Ocean Data View (ODV).
It is designed for early career researchers (master students, doctoral and postdoctoral researchers) with no or little experience with ODV. They will gain confidence in the use of ODV, in particular in the analysis of marine data and in creating publication-ready figures with ODV. Global data packages such as GLODAP, GEOTRACES and WOCE will be analysed during the workshop, in addition to spatially confined datasets in text or excel format. There will also be room to work on own problem sets and data.
- how to visualize ocean data in water column plots, meridional and zonal transects, surface plots and scatter plots as well as overlay plots of multiple parameters
- how to complete simple statistical analyses
- how to calculate iso-surface variables and derived variables
- how to use ODV’s gridding tools
ODV was developed by Reiner Schlitzer at Alfred-Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research in Bremerhaven (AWI), Germany. More details on the software can be found on the ODV Website.
- Deadline: 10/04/2023
- Date: 11/01/2023 | 09.00 to 15.30 h
- Location: Leibnizstraße 1, Room 105