Platforms and Networks
Kiel University’s priority research area Kiel Life Science (KLS) is founded on strategic investments in technological infrastructure excellence. KLS scientists work in research-driven networks without any borders in terms of disciplines or institutions. One Cluster of Excellence , major collaborative research centers, priority programs, and an international Max Planck research school currently form the core facilities of KLS. Within this extensive framework, comprising further external partner organizations, fruitful scientific cooperation and productive exchange is enabled.
Joint Research Projects
- Cluster of Excellence 2167: „Precision Medicine in Chronic Inflammation" (PMI)
- Collaborative Research Centre 1182: „Origin and Function of Metaorganisms“
- Collaborative Research Centre 877: „Proteolysis as a regulatory Event in Pathophysiology"
- Research Unit (FOR 5042) miTarget: „The Microbiome as a therapeutic target in chronic inflammatory bowel disease"
- Research Training Group: „Translational Evolutionary Research“ (GRK 2501)
- „International Max Planck Research School for Evolutionary Biology"(IMPRS)