Would you like to study abroad? Would you like to get to know another educational system? Are you currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master programme at Kiel University? Do you enjoy living by the sea? How about an Erasmus semester within the SEA-EU Alliance?
The European university alliance "SEA-EU - The European University of the Seas" wishes to promote the mobility of students within Europe and establish long-term cross-faculty cooperation between the six participating partner universities.
As part of the alliance, 100 new Erasmus placements were created for students of Kiel University (20 places for each partner university). What makes this agreement special is that it is an offer for students of all faculties of the CAU. It is therefore an additional offer of Erasmus places and the allocation of places is not tied to a specific department or institute - as is usually the case.
Both bachelor and master students can complete an Erasmus semester at the following universities:
- Website of the University of West Brittany in Brest, France
- Website of the University of Cádiz, Spain
- Website of the University of Gdansk, Poland
- Website of the University of Split, Croatia
- Website of the University of Malta
Information about Erasmus+
The Erasmus+ guide from the International Center summarizes all important and general information about Erasmus for students at the CAU.
Advantages of an Erasmus stay abroad
A semester abroad is very worthwhile and an enriching experience for various reasons:
- It is a way to improve foreign language skills.
- It is a chance to discover a new culture and European diversity.
- It later improves job opportunities on the job market.
- No tuition fees are charged at the host university.
- There is a monthly financial support from the EU mobility grant (amount depends on the country group).
- As a rule, free participation in a language course is included.
How do I apply?
The contact person for the allocation of Erasmus places within the SEA-EU Alliance is Johanna O'Brien (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All important information about the necessary application documents, the application process and the submission deadlines can be found on OLAT.
You can also book an appointment for a virtual consultation there