The central administration is subdivided into offices and three service centres, each containing three departments. The members of the University Board share the responsibility for the individuals departments and divisions. The chancellor takes on the responsibility for staff.
- The Central Office for Gender Equality, Diversity and Family represents the areas of equality, mentoring, diversity, the Family Service and the Welcome Service for new appointees in particular.
- Internal Auditing supports the University Board in carrying out its tasks, by process-independent and objective auditing activities and advisory services.
- Press, Communication and Marketing Services assists the University Board by externally representing the university and by developing and implementing strategies for communication.
- The Central Unit: Safety Engineering advises and supports supervisors, managers and employees at the CAU in matters related to occupational safety.
- The Continuing Professional Development Centre supports members of the university and other institutes with professional academic qualifications and personal career development.
Head: Christin Hartwig
International Affairs / International Center
Head: Dr. Martina Schmode
- International university relations, guest houses for international scholars
- Cooperation programme with universities in Middle and Eastern Europe, Russia and China
- Admission and administration office for international students
- International student advising and internships abroad
- Advice on studying abroad and ERASMUS programme coordination
Head: Dr. Uwe Pfründer
- Strategic construction planning
- Infrastructural facility services
- Property administration, spatial planning, CAFM
- Technical building support
- Technical operation and services
- Occupational security and the environment
- Building maintenance