The University Board heads the university in accordance with the Higher Education Act (HSG). The President, the Vice Presidents and the Chancellor are the elected members and the Central Administration supports the University Board in performing its duties.
- President Prof. Lutz Kipp
- Vice president (for Teacher Training, Science Communication and Professional Development) Prof. Ilka Parchmann
- Vice president (for Academic Issues, Internationalisation and Diversity) Prof. Anja Pistor-Hatam
- Vice president (for Research, Technology Transfer and Early Career Researchers) Prof. Karin Schwarz
- Chancellor Claudia Ricarda Meyer
The Management of the University Board organises the University Board’s and the university’s central committee’s schedules and processes. It is also responsible for fundraising as well as internal matters and appointments for the Central Administration.