SCCharts - Language and Interactive Incremental Compilation
- Zugl.: Kiel, Univ., Diss. 2017
Safety-critical systems are a subclass of reactive systems, a dominating class of computer systems. Such systems control airbags in cars, flaps of aircrafts, or pace makers. Software for these systems must be reliable.
Hence, a language and tooling is needed that allows to build and maintain reliable software models. Furthermore, a reliable compiler is required to obtain decent machine-understandable and executable code from highly abstract models. This thesis presents SCCharts, a Statecharts-based visual and synchronous modeling language for specifying and designing safety-critical software systems and for deriving their implementations.
- SCCharts specification and design language
- Statechart dialect and synchronous language
- SLIC: Interactive incremental compilation to SW/HW
- Model-based compilation
- Xtend M2M transformations with pseudocode
- C, Java, and Arduino code generation + hardware synthesis
- Model railway controller practical use case
- Ptolemy, Synchronous Java, Esterel
- Eclipse-based open-source implementation (KIELER SCCharts)